Duration: 7 Days and 6 Nights
Price: Please Contact us about the price of this Itinerary
Day 1: Nairobi | Chogoria
Transfer from Nairobi to Chogoria to our base hotel. Rest and acclimatise for the remainder of the day.
Day 2: Chogoria | Chogoria Gate, 2400m
Transfer to park gate dinner and overnight at the gate.
Day 3: Chogoria Gate | Road head Camp, 4hrs, 3200m
We ascend to Road Head Camp at 3200m, taking 4 hrs trekking.
Day 4: Road Head Camp | Minto’s Hut, 14km, 5hrs, 4200m
We ascend to Minto’s Hut taking 5 hrs. Minto’s Hut is is situated on a plateau overlooking Lake Michaelson 300m below. There are spectacular views of the summits from here. At, Minto’s Hut, accommodation is camping, roughing it.
Day 5: Minto’s Hut | Austrian Hut, 8km, 4hrs, 4600m
The trail continues to Austrian hut via tooth col which is situated between several rock towers. Overnight at Austrian hut.
Day 6: Austrian Hut | Lenana, 6km, 1hr | Mackinders, 7km, 2hrs | Met Station, 16km, 5hrs
An early morning start to attempt the summit of point Lenana, which is only about one hour from Austrian hut. We will descend to Mackinders Hut for breakfast before further ascent to Met Station for overnight.
Day 7: Met Station | Naromoru Gate, 9km, 3hrs| Nairobi
Descend to Naromoru Park Gate to meet our vehicle transfer back to Nairobi.
Details: Included in the price:
- Guarantee price/guarantee trek on confirmation
- Transfer to and from the base of the mountain
- Full board accommodation whilst on the trek. Meal plan as detailed: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
- Accommodations in camps/huts as per the itinerary
- All park entrance fees to include government taxes
- Service of an English speaking professional guide, porters and skilled cook
- Start and finish Nairobi
- Treated water on the trek
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- International flights
- Visas to Kenya
- Items of personal nature
[ale_button url=”http://highpeaks-expeditions.com/contact-us/” style=”orange” size=”big” type=”round” target=”_self”] Contact Us![/ale_button]